Jul 3, 2012

Chick Gamer: I sold my soul to the devil

*cleans out the cobwebs*
It's be ages since I wrote anything here. Things have been pretty hectic at work lately -- especially with the fact that we'll be sending our first stereoscopic 3D converted animated feature to San Diego Comic Con next Thursday. Every time I think about it, it gives me all sorts of weird emotions.

Frankly, I have NO IDEA how to feel -- I'm nervous, excited, terrified and perhaps almost relieved.

But this entry isn't entirely about my job because as much as I love my job, I do want to break away from it from time to time.

Most of my colleagues have gotten on to the Diablo 3 bandwagon. I admit that I was never interested in games by Blizzard. But I haven't been playing much video games because I barely have the time to do so. Lately, because of the stresses at work, I needed to take my mind off. So one of my colleagues gave me a Diablo 3 guest pass to try it out.

So I did. And I finished the allocated level in 2 hours. And then I found myself wanting more.

So I caved in and bought myself an actual legit copy of Diablo 3 from Gamer's Hideout.

I find myself playing the game dead into the night and almost falling asleep on my keyboard STILL playing it. I spent almost the whole of Sunday just playing and levelling up while battling period cramps. In 2 days, my wizard character gone up to level 20. Yesterday, she was at level 27. 

I never thought I'd get sucked into PC gaming. I haven't since Left4Dead 2 and that was a first person shooter. That was the closest to PC gaming I've ever gotten. That and The Sims. 

I have an upcoming holiday and I'm pretty sure I know how to spend the one week off of work on :DDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment