Jul 1, 2012

Books for Sale!

Back when I was in college, I bought a lot of books. But now, working, I hardly have time to even read the newspaper, let alone a book. So rather than letting them collect dust in the corner, I'd like them to have a new home. I'm letting them go pretty cheap: I wrapped most of my books with plastic cover. But of course, the pages are yellowing and have spots. These books were bought at almost RM100+ and I'm letting them go for less than RM50 simply because the pages are yellowing. But otherwise, they're in very good condition.

PLEASE READ
1. Postage or COD. I can mail the books to you via Pos Laju (please request if you want same day). Book prices are not inclusive of postage. I refer to Amazon for book weight and cross check the shipping price on the Pos Malaysia website, so final prices will be determined by how much postage will be.

COD available in PJ (Jaya One, Section 17) from Mondays to Saturdays during lunch time. Kota Damansara, Mutiara Damansara and Damansara Perdana on Sundays.

2. If you're opting for postage, you can bank in the money to me into my bank accounts (CIMB or Maybank. Citibank account details to be posted soon) and either send me an email alert, screencap of the online transaction or email me the bank in slip.

3. If you're okay with these conditions and want to purchase, please leave a comment on this post with your email address so I can get back to you on the purchase.


4. If you buy more than 3 books, you get free postage or if COD, I can knock down the price for you.

If you think the prices I put up is expensive for second hand books, please bear in mind that I bought these books during my uni days. No, I didn't use my student loan - at the time of purchase, I was not even eligible for loan. I saved up allowances to get these books and I took care of them well (albeit a little dusty).

NOW ONWARDS TO THE BOOKS!




SOLD to @amuse_gueule via twitter
JACK THE RIPPER: THE 21ST CENTURY INVESTIGATION
by Trevor Marriott
About the Book: Google Books | Amazon
Price: RM15
Book Condition: Wrapped in plastic since purchase. I actually never finished reading this book because I just didn't have the time to finish it. The book is in good condition. I can't remember how much I bought it for because it was years ago.

SOLD! to @kutasia via twitter
WHAT A CARVE UP!
by Jonathan Coe
About the Book: Amazon | Guardian
Price: RM5
Book Condition: I never got around to read this book but apparently it was really good. I got this for RM10 at a book sale so I'm only letting it go at that price (since I never really read the book).

I AM LEGEND
by Richard Matheson
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM5
Book Condition: I got this off a book sale and I've only read it halfway. The book wasn't for me. Wrapped since I got it.

SOLD to @tengkumia via twitter
KITCHEN
by Banana Yoshimoto
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM10
Book Condition: Never read this book. Not wrapped in plastic. But still in good condition.

SOLD! to @kutasia via twitter
THE SAILOR WHO FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE SEA
by Yukio Mishima
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM15
Book Condition: Bought at Kinokuniya. Wrapped in plastic since purchase. Read once.

SOLD to @tengkumia via twitter 
THE BOOK OF FIVE RINGS
by Miyamoto Musashi
About The Book: Amazon
Price: RM10
Book Condition: I was in a samurai stories high at one point. Miyamoto Musashi was one of the more famous samurai. I've read it twice but bought it brand new at Kinokuniya.

SOLD
GROTESQUE
by Natsuo Kirino
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM25 (original price: RM69.90)
Book Condition: Wrapped by Kinokuniya staff on the day of purchase. This is not a small paperback book though. It's quite large. I've read it twice, but handled it with care :) one of my favorite books.

SOLD to @diese via twitter  
ESCAPE FROM AMSTERDAM
by Barrie Sherwood
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM15
Book Condition: Not wrapped but it's in good condition except for where the price tag was.

SOLD
GRIMM: THE COMPLETE FAIRY TALES
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM15
Book Condition: Very good. Never opened it. 

SOLD
THE BLOODY CHAMBER
by Angela Carter
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM10
Book Condition: Yes this was bought with the Grimm Fairy Tales as a part of a Vintage Fear series. If you buy both together, I'll sell them to you for RM20.

SOLD to @tengkumia via twitter 
CONFESSIONS OF A MASK
by Yukio Mishima
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM10
Book Condition: Wrapped by Kinokuniya staff. Only read once.

TOKYO TANGO (Hardcover)
by Rika Yokomori
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM35
About the Book: Wrapped by Kinokuniya staff. Read once.

SOLD
THE LONE SAMURAI: THE LIFE OF MIYAMOTO MUSASHI
by William Scott Wilson
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM50 (Original Price: RM100.80)
Book Condition: Pretty damn good. Wrapped by Kinokuniya staff. Barely any yellowing. Read it a few times because it's pretty damn good. But I am letting it go.

SOLD to @tengkumia via twitter 
MONKEY BRAIN SUSHI: NEW TASTES IN JAPANESE FICTION
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM15
Book Condition: Pretty good but the cover's a bit distorted. Wrapped.

ESCAPE: The True of the Only Westerner Ever To Break Out of Thailand's Bangkok Hilton
by David McMillan
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM15
Book Condition: Wrapped at purchase. Good condition. Never finished reading.

HOLD UP DOWN V6 PHOTOGRAPHS
About the Book: CDJAPAN | YES ASIA
Price: RM50
Book Condition: It has never been taken out of it's wrapping. I bought it for my sister when she told me she got it already. Never got to sell it last time.

RESERVED for @rockerina via twitter
MIRRORMASK
by Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean
About the Book: Amazon
Price: RM20
Book Condition: Very good. Read it once. Hardcover.

No comments:

Post a Comment