Jan 2, 2013

Something from the Past, Looking Towards the Future.

Thinking back, 2012 was not a completely pleasant year. But then again, which year was completely pleasant?

Many of my friends told me that they have lived through 2012 with absolutely no regrets. I wish I could say the same for myself. I had my share of regrets in the year 2012 - there are things I wish I had done, things I wish I had done better and things I wish I hadn't done at all. It was a year of many bad, misguided or rushed decisions.

I didn't think a lot of things through, I just did it because it was convenient at the moment.

But of course, the year wasn't a complete shit fest. There were good moments. Mostly towards the end where I begin to be more sociable and meet new people.

2012 was the year I realized that I have not seen the world, and I made an instant decision that I will see the world as soon as humanly possible.

I'm hoping this new year will be the year I sort out my life, clear out the cobwebs and cancel out all the unnecessary noise. Forget what other people say about how I should live my life. There might not be an undo button in life, but there is a refresh. And this is my refresh. I have 364 days left to make a difference in my life. I have 364 chances left to make things right.

I used to think my existence was a mistake.
But I am finally around people who appreciate my existence. And I am forever thankful to God for these people.

I will not quit easily this time around. Enough of that.
I will try harder. I will keep my chin up. I will smile more. I will laugh more. I will keep my steps light, and my determination stronger.

I will be a better person this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment