Nov 12, 2012

That Sense of Belonging

photo by Natasha

10.11.12. I've always wandered around trying to find out where I truly belong. I jumped careers, picked up new skills, meet new people but I've always found myself just floating around aimlessly. 

But last Saturday at the gala premiere of War of the Worlds: Goliath, was the happiest I've felt in a long time -- ever since Jordan left for Hong Kong really. 

It was like a high school reunion. Despite seeing it almost a thousand times before while working on it, I was absolutely proud of myself when it played on the big screen. The feeling is something only a few can relate but I'm sure no one can describe. I've worked on other films before but for some reason I felt prouder for this - maybe I was more involved in it this time around.

The old team was like a family to me - we laughed together, ate together, yelled at each other, get on each other's nerves, hung out together, confided in each other, and spent most of our waking moment together. I loved every minute of it.

Last Saturday was one of the best days of my life. The feeling and the experience, I wouldn't trade it for anything. And no one can take it away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment