Feb 22, 2012

How to be a Big Girl: Where is my mind?

I'm writing this probably a stream of consciousness while I wait for a few (hundred) files to be transferred between servers which could really take a while. 59GB worth of files won't exactly take a second.

This year marks my second year working in post production. To be completely honest I never thought I would actually end up working in post but then again, I don't think there's too many people who actually 100% knew what they'll get themselves into.

2012 is just whizzing through and lo and behold, we're almost into March. I'm 25 this year and it's a pretty daunting thought. When I was a kid, growing older has always been a pretty exciting and scary thing. Exciting at the fact I would actually have more freedom (or so I thought) and scary and the thought of having more and more responsibilities.

I'm not a 25 year old woman. I'm a 25 year old girl.

I'm doing pretty fine career wise. Or at least I would like to think that I am doing pretty well. The next big step in my life as according to Dad is to either get a house or get married. I got a career and a car already, so either one of those would be next. But getting a house and getting married are both scary thoughts.

But you know, God has a funny way to prepare us for things we thought was scary. My moral and religious compass may not exactly point in its proper direction, but I suppose in our own ways, we try our best.




No comments:

Post a Comment