Feb 3, 2012

Something handmade

There are things in my life that I never imagined myself doing as a little girl. I was never much of a girly girl when I was younger. I always liked to hang out with boys and do boy things. No dresses, not even skirts.

But I realized that I got older I got more and more in touch with my feminine side. I soon realize that I could cook pretty well.

And then I tried my hand at sewing. The first full dress I made wasn't a total disaster but it wasn't as perfect as I imagined it to be.







Then I tried again and it looked a lot better.






Maybe it was because the cloth is slightly pricier than the previous one that I don't want to actually muck it up. And I guess you can call me addicted to making my own clothes, it's something I wanna continue doing. Which is why I got another book



The patterns in this book is a little bit more advanced than the first one but it's easily understandable enough. Thank god for pictures lol. And because of these books I never thought I'd get back to learning Japanese.

In the next coming months, I'll be making more dresses and hopefully share it with the world (for a small fee of course. Someone's gotta pay for the cloth and my work hours :p)

Why am I going away from post production? I'm not leaving it. This is just to help me out with my outstanding student loan so I don't have that monkey on my back anymore. That and of course, because I genuinely enjoy sewing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment