Feb 10, 2013

So I heard there's a cock fight...(Day 4)

DAY 4 - 2ND FEBRUARY 2013
Gemma, myself, JC
I was told if I want to get around the Chatuchak/Jatujak Weekend Market without having to give someone a bloody nose or a black eye, I would have to go really early in the morning. And so I woke up pretty damn early for someone who's been out pretty late the night before, got ready and saw myself out the door by 9:30am to meet up with Gemma at Silom.

Gemma brought a new friend, JC, from the hostel to follow us to Jatujak. I brought with me 1000B and little did I realize it wasn't nearly enough.

Jatujak Weekend Market
We took the MRT to Kamphaeng Phet where it stops directly at the weekend market. Walked around for a bit to get the feel of the place before going in to do some shopping. After picking up stuff friends had ordered and given me money for, I realized I only had enough for a pair of sandals (which Gemma and I got for half the price), food and transportation back.

Jatujak was great though. It was so big, you need a freaking map. For a market. A MAP. And on the map I actually saw the words "Cock Fight". Of course, we didn't catch one. But. Damn.

There were ATMs there, but not only I activated the card to withdraw from CIMB only, there was NO CIMB ATM at Jatujak. There were Siam Bank, Kasikorn but not one CIMB. So I had to cut the trip to Jatujak short.
Mine and Gemma's purchases.
No points for guessing whose
feet is whose :p

The three of us headed to MBK to find a charger for Gemma's camera because she left hers back home, and JC wanted to find some clippers.

To be honest, aside from Jatujak, Day 4 was a pretty slow day. The fatigue was beginning to set in probably. I returned to home base.

I texted Vina, asking her what she was up to and if she was up to hang out. She was having dinner with her boyfriend's family and invited me to come by and join them.

Watching the Thai family dynamics is different from the Malay family dynamics but at the same time, it felt really familiar. But James' family was very welcoming, so it was a real nice experience on this trip.

After dinner, Vina, James and I just chilled out, joked around and had good conversations until I had to catch the train back to Sala Daeng to head back to home base.

It was my last night at Jeff's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment