Jan 20, 2013

Bangkok Bound


10 more sleeps left till I trade my city for another for one week.

Thinking about it, I realized that it's been 10 years since I last boarded a plane. My last plane ride was to Japan, 10 years ago, also for one week. It's a weird feeling. Truth be told I never imagined myself buying my own plane ticket, booking my own hostel, settling all this on my own. But this surreal feeling began the moment I renewed my passport for the first time after a long time.

Honestly, I have no idea what to do in Bangkok. Some say shop, some say explore. I have a week. I'll do touristy things and at the same time, get in touch with the locals. I should seek out the local CouchSurfing community over there.

So many feelings going through me right now. I'm nervous as hell and scared but at the same time excited. Maybe a little too excited since I went out to get stuff that I think I need. Haha. Packing my first 36L backpack as well as bringing a daypack. 

I guess once the travel bug bites, it infects you with an incurable disease called wanderlust.

No comments:

Post a Comment